Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pre-engraftment

This is a term used by the oncologist.  If he hadn't said it, I'd have thought it was the condition prior to moving to Chicago and going into politics. I told that to a nurse and it went right over her head.  She said that if we did move, Chicago also had a great bone marrow transplant hospital.

Thanks to everybody for support, silliness, and something else beginning with "s" I guess.  Pursuit of happiness will consist of me checking off the days since transplant, and chanting engraft, you buggers, engraft!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! Let's go on a tour of the bone marrow transplant hospitals. I think the noise of the hepa filter is ruining our timing. After Joe got a chest X-ray and other tests, I asked the PA if he was going to get a full body scan like they do in the airports. She finally got the joke since she is a very smart and capable PA. Or, perhaps she was just humoring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, we hate to see your stellar sense of humor go unappreciated but we're delighted it remains unabated.

    Nancy & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! One adavantage of being in a hospital on a turkey-related holiday is that you're probably a nicely safe distance away from anyone attempting to fry a turkey.

    Enjoy:
    http://gawker.com/5698696/the-7-best-deep+fried-turkey-disaster-videos

    ReplyDelete
  4. As some will recall, our back-yard neighbor flamed his turkey a few years back. Nice of him to provide entertainment.

    By the way, I adhere to the PMI body of knowledge on this topic, which says in part:

    - Except under certain circumstances, never deep fry a turkey.
    -There are no such circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many health care workers DOES it take to deep fry a turkey?

    (Answers solicited.)

    ReplyDelete