Today was the last day of chemo with all its rough side effects.
After visiting Joe, I met with the core caregiving team, which includes Coney Dog, of course, to eat snacks and discuss the Joe Recovery Project. The recovery is likely to be a long slog, 6 months or so. At the moment, my freezers are completely full of great leftovers from meals Joe has made. I'm chipping away at these gourmet MRE's and will beg for comfort food when the reserves are getting low; it would not be good for anyone's recovery or morale for me to start learning how to cook at this time. I'm also considering using an online calendar or accepting help to coordinate offers of assistance at some point in the coming months.
Thanks for thinking of us!!!
OK, so just a day before the big infusion. I can only imagine how ugly a process this is, but hope you're looking through to the successful completion, Joe!
ReplyDeleteAll best wishes to you, Joe, and your recovery team!
ReplyDelete