My managers have been extraordinarily supportive and flexible as we've been preparing for this healthcare excitement. We've worked out a project load that I can work on half time (probably afternoons), which will give me time to help Joe during his recovery. My sister will be helping, too. If things go as they did last time, there are going to be lots of people helping out in lots of ways; it's a beautiful thing.
I feel an ungovernable inane urge to say something -- anything -- simply so I can sign it
ReplyDeleteOxo Waugh-Maugham
before I forget how funny I think that is. Already not very funny at all. Damn it.
Health Care Excitement? Well I guess that is one way of describing it --- I just want Joe to know that I'll be thinking of him as the excitement ensues. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHey guys, I am praying for a full recovery and a long and happy life for you three (I had to include Coney). Speedy recovery to Joe. Hang in there Linda.
ReplyDeleteCarla
Love and healing rays to all - Patti
ReplyDeleteHell, Joe *is* the excitement.
ReplyDeleteThese words are from a NYT review of a biography of the US Marine general Victor "Brute" Krulak, but I hope they will be said of me some day:
"[H] e packed the snorting personality and irritable drive of 10 men into his tiny, squirming physique."
Perhaps Joe can work it into his eulogy for me. That, or a little song.