Saturday, November 27, 2010

Houston, We Have Engraftment

There's evidence that Joe's system is growing stem cells. Yay. Things are still going well and as expected. The docs, PAs, nurses and techs have just been stellar (keeping with the space metaphor here). They work well together, coordinating their efforts to minimize interruptions. They've been managing side effects very well and timing meds so that Joe can get more sleep when he needs it. Just wonderful. And, Joe's been a very active participant, too, asking and answering questions, dealing extraordinarily well with pain and discomfort, exercising. Yay Joe.

In honor of the occasion, I ordered a spiffy ear thermometer for home just like they use in the hospital. When I mentioned this to a nurse, she said that there's even newer technology that allows you to get a temperature by rolling a thermometer across the forehead. Sigh. It really is hard keeping up with the latest and greatest ...

4 comments:

  1. That is very good news!!!!! I just wish I could say the word without mentally double-checking myself. I hear there will be a thermometer that will tell you your temperature if you approve a multi-million dollar wind farm in the company's state. Go stem cells go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could get one of those infrared cooking thermometers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groovin' on your good news as I stream Arwulf on EMU - go stem cells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, you are doing an amazing job of healing! Let's hear it for 23-year-old stem cells! YAY!

    ReplyDelete