While this blog is unabashedly all about Joe's health and recovery, I'd like to mention a very informative blog created by m' colleague, Phil, who is in the process of dominating myeloma, and his wife, Cassie:
http://mmfordummies.blogspot.com/
We're very lucky to be ten minutes away from the U's cancer center, so we can live in our very own house with our very own dog and pop over to the clinic for the regular checkups and tests. The U hospital system tries to make the hospital and clinics pleasant places to be in for us regular visitors. I wonder what the staff think sometimes, though. The cancer clinic has an ocean theme with a couple of aquariums and three large portals which reveal a mural of deep blue ocean and sea creatures. The thing is that there's a nurse's station behind one the portals making the staff look like some of those sea creatures. One day, I waved at the nurse behind the portal and she waved back. I went around the wall to say,"You look like you're in the ocean." and she replied, "Yes, sometimes I make fish faces, but it's too early for that." Never too early for me, though. I made my best fish face for her as I returned to my seat and stopped bothering her.
No comments:
Post a Comment