Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fun with Technology

It's been interesting working out the schedule for the daily IV magnesium (needed while Joe's taking immunosuppressant meds), doctor's appointments and nurses visits. I'm glad the home IV pump is idiot proof. Reminds me of the old Dennis Wolfberg schtick about being a teacher in NYC:

"Then they gave me the slow class for six consecutive years. Not special, just slow. I used to think of them as stationary. They grouped them according to intelligence tests. At the low end they used to have categories called, in order, moron, imbecile and it would actually bottom out with idiot. This amused me because, conceivably you could have an imbecile working very hard to become a moron!"

The ear thermometer showed up today. Works just fine.

At our first appointment on Friday, the doc said that Joe was doing well for Day +17 after transplant. We'll have at least a couple of doctor's appointments a week for a while as they evaluate Joe's progress and look for signs of GVHD and infection.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's IV as intravenous. I thought it was branded magnesium or some isotope.

    I'm striving to hit the the moron rung on the ladder.

    Great posts. Keep them up.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally am aiming for imbecile. I still have a few years to go and think I can make it.

    Keep up the good work, Joe. A little stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete